Donation to Najib Puerto-Khalil Medical Fund

A video from Stem Cells China about Najib's experience

http://vimeo.com/8118026

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Spinal Success

Well I guess I should let everyone know that my first spinal injection of stem cells on July 1st was a big success! I took well to being put under and have had no bad side effects from the procedure....seems that me and these stem cells were meant for each other! I have been tired all day though...and very hungry too! I couldn't eat for 6 hours before or after the injection, so today I made up for it! I also have finally adapted to the time schedule here and my parents are VERY happy about that! Hopefully we can all start sleeping until at least 6 or 7 in the morning instead of our 3 or 4 am wake up calls we've been having!
My dad and sister have been doing a lot of sight seeing over the last couple of days while my mom has been hanging out with me! Tomorrow we all have the day off together and might make an excursion to some underwater parks they have here...should be fun. Sunday we're going to try and make it to the zoo and botanical gardens since we were rained out last week! Hope we can enjoy these days off because next week, Monday and Friday, I will have 2 spinal injections, so it will be quite an intense week coming up.
I think I can start feeling these stem cells buzz around in my brain. I'm very alert now all the time and really seem much more aware of everything around me. I've also figured out how to grab my spoon and reach for things out of my grasp! When I woke up this morning, I inched my way to the edge of the bed and grabbed my bowl and spoon from the night stand and dropped them on the floor. I was so hungry I wanted to see if I could get some food that way. It worked! My mom was so startled by the stuff falling on the floor that she got up and gave me breakfast! She's been so happy all day watching me do small things like that....just my way of showing her that all of the hard work to get me here was well worth it!
Ok, so I'll sign off for now. Hope everyone has a great July 4th! See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Najib-
    It sounds like you and your family are having a very exciting time in China. I am so excited to hear of all your progress and please give your family a big hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Najib!

    I'm so happy to hear about all of your new moves! Good for you! Have a good time sight-seeing with your family!!! Take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Najib and family!

    Glad to hear you arrived safely and things are going well.

    Your friend from school-
    Daniel and his mommy!

    ReplyDelete