Donation to Najib Puerto-Khalil Medical Fund

A video from Stem Cells China about Najib's experience

http://vimeo.com/8118026

Friday, July 10, 2009

4 down 2 to go!

I just received my fourth stem cell treatment, another spinal injection, and now I only have 2 left...one next Monday and one next Wednesday! Our time here is quickly drawing to an end! We leave here on the 19th and will be home on the 20th! I know I can't wait, but my parents and sister are just as anxious to get back! Nevertheless, we are all trying to make the most of our time here and enjoy what we can! Since I'm doing so well with the treatments ( I have not had any negative side effects at all), my family is trying to take in as much of China as possible between therapy sessions and treatment days!
A couple of days ago my dad went shopping with the daughter of another patient here who happens to be Chinese. She really helped him out but also introduced him to the fine art of eating food on the street! Besides some amazing grilled squid on a stick my dad also ate BUGS....yuk! Glad I didn't have to partake in that meal! Mom and Soraya hang out here with me most days, but they are venturing out tomorrow while dad sticks behind with me! They are going to a Buddhist temple, to sea the seashore, and then to a shopping center. On Sunday we're all venturing out on a tour to Mount Laoshan, where one of the most sacred Daoist temples in China is located. We are excited about getting out and seeing the countryside..a nice alternative to these hospital walls!
As far as my progress is concerned, I think the most noticeable change is how interested I am in toys and playing with whatever is put in front of me! I think I might be a bit stronger as well, but I think most of my changes will come slowly over the next 6 months or so! I'm glad we came here, and that I am responding well to these new cells in my body. I hope that I will continue to grow and become stronger with each passing day! I know that we all would be excited about that outcome! So, with only about 1 week left, I'm going to do my best to get all I can out of the electric wave therapy, the PT/OT, and the acupuncture so that my progress will continue forward!
I love all of you very much and can't wait to see each one of you when we get back! Lots of love...

No comments:

Post a Comment