Donation to Najib Puerto-Khalil Medical Fund

A video from Stem Cells China about Najib's experience

http://vimeo.com/8118026

Monday, July 13, 2009

5 down, 1 to go & standing on my own 2 feet!

Hello everyone! I had my 5th stem cell treatment today via IV and I am feeling amazing! After my treatment I was hanging out in the lobby while my parents were talking to the other families who are here! My dad stood me up and then got into this conversation about movies and forgot about me...you know why? I stood at the table on my own and actually tried to play with toys for at least 10-15 minutes without falling once or getting wobbly! Although my mom has been seeing me progress like this during my time here, this was the first time that my dad actually saw it, and he was AMAZED! He picked me up and hugged me and then stood me back up at the table where I continued to play on my own! I turned my trunk around to look at him without falling and even grabbed his hand! I'm glad he finally saw me like that!
But he's not the only one I surprised today! While I was in electric wave therapy this morning I was making all sorts of noises and my mom was filming me. Being clever as I am I waited for her to stop the camera and then started saying.."mama...mama...mama" She nearly fell over! Not so sure I can do it again on command right now, but I'll get there! Glad I could thrill my parents like that today...like I said...I'm feeling great!
As far as our time here goes, we will be leaving soon and still want to do some things! I have my last treatment on Wednesday and that will be a spinal injection. Hopefully I will do well, and we can get out before we leave. We never made it to the mountain the other day because it was threatening rain so we are going to try again this Thursday. My parents also need to grab some last minute souvenirs, and figure out what we are going to do with our day in Shanghai on Sunday. We leave here Sunday morning and leave Shanghai on Monday morning. Because of the time change we actually arrive to Detroit Monday morning as well! Kinda crazy!
So with such little time remaining I'm going to keep this entry nice and short! I'll probably check in again at least one more time before we leave, so until then I send lots of love to all! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment