Donation to Najib Puerto-Khalil Medical Fund

A video from Stem Cells China about Najib's experience

http://vimeo.com/8118026

Monday, July 6, 2009

2 weeks down, 2 to go!

Well today I received my 3rd treatment (2nd spinal) and all is going well! I think I can see more now, and my family notices me more involved in following voices, conversations and movement. I love reaching out for things now, and I constantly trying to put my spoon in my mouth if it's in arm's reach! I think my mom has figured out that all these new stem cells have my body working overtime, and I'm hungry! The nurses actually weighed me today and I was almost 29 pounds, which means I've put on like a 1 1/2 since I've been here...may not sound like a lot, but that's quite a feat for me!
My mom also is trying new foods with me here in China. I'm doing well with yogurt (kiwi yogurt...mmm, yummy!), and I have also tried cheese and ice cream without any problems. For those of you who don't know, I have a ton of food allergies but they seem to be disappearing slowly but surely! My dad is my new sleeping buddy....we cuddle up together every night and my mom and sister do the same thing! Soraya is very excited about going home in 2 weeks...she, well all of us really, misses home a lot! She's made some friends here, but she can't wait to see our "big" family as she calls it...Sittee, aunts and uncles, cousins, etc. I miss my bed more than anything else...well maybe not as much as my Sittee, but pretty close!
We went to go see the zoo and botanical gardens this weekend. The zoo was very sad because all of the animals were caged without any room to roam. They weren't well cared for either. My mom and dad were very disappointed by the whole experience. The botanical gardens were ok, and Soraya had lots of fun going on some amusement park rides inside of the gardens. We hope to make it to the beach next weekend for some good old fashioned relaxation in the sun! I have another spinal treatment on Friday, so if all goes well we should be beach bound on Sunday! I will get 2 more treatments next week...one spinal and one IV, and then we'll head home on the 19th, arriving to Detroit on the 20th, so the 2 week countdown has begun!
Well, I guess I'll sign off for now. Hope everyone had a happy 4th of July! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment